In June, The RES Forum released its quarterly report focused on digitalization in global mobility. This comes shortly after a new survey from CareerBuilder reported that artificial intelligence (AI) and automation will have a major impact on human resources (HR) and employment over the next few years. While the survey found that most HR managers said AI does not make them nervous, 35% said it does.
It begs the question — what’s there to fear?
The RES Forum’s report looks at how digitalization and automation can positively impact businesses, as well as some of the roadblocks industry professionals may face in incorporating this technology into their processes.
1. Digitalization’s impact: Global mobility managers expect digitalization to simplify work processes to increase efficiency and save time. Digitalization also has the ability to better track processes, which can increase transparency and visibility, creating opportunities for more advanced data analysis and predictive modeling, which can lead to more information mobility decisions.
2. Restrictive factors: Limited time and money hinder the amount of progress toward digitalization in global mobility. Those who are willing to invest in digitalization and view it as a priority are more like to see a return on this investment.
3. Compliance requirements: Country-specific compliance requirements can impede digitalization. The report points to Germany and the UK as examples of countries that have strict restrictions and policies regarding data protection and security, which make it difficult for global mobility to digitize.
4. Self-service: Employee self-service is predicted to be the next trend in global mobility. While automation can be helpful in the industry, it will take time to discover how this will affect the requirement for interpersonal skills, as well as personal interactions with assignees.
5. Digitalizing your entire company: Focusing on improving the digitalization process for your organization as a whole can help the long-term strategy of implementing digitalization into global mobility. As you work on digitizing your organization, ensure the processes are adapted for global mobility requirements.
Want to learn more about the latest trends in global mobility? We've got you covered. Read our blog now!